Technical Migration Engineer
About The Position
Coralogix is a modern, full-stack observability platform transforming how businesses process and understand their data. Our unique architecture powers in-stream analytics without reliance on expensive indexing or hot storage. We specialize in comprehensive monitoring of logs, metrics, trace and security events with features such as APM, RUM, SIEM, Kubernetes monitoring and more, all enhancing operational efficiency and reducing observability spend by up to 70%.
Coralogix is rebuilding the path to observability using a real-time streaming analytics pipeline that provides monitoring, visualization, and alerting capabilities without the burden of indexing.
By enabling users to define different data pipelines per use case, we provide deep Observability and Security insights, at an infinite scale, for less than half the cost.
About The Position:
Job Summary: As a Migration Engineer you will play a critical role in ensuring a smooth transition of customers’ monitoring and observability infrastructure. Your expertise in various other observability tools, coupled with a strong understanding of PromQL, will be essential in successfully migrating alerts and dashboards, optimizing system performance, and enhancing the customer's monitoring capabilities. You will collaborate with the customer's cross-functional teams, understand their requirements, design migration strategies, execute the migration process, and provide training and support throughout the engagement.
- Migration Strategy: Develop a comprehensive plan for migrating customer's existing alerts and dashboards to Coralogix, considering system requirements, dependencies, and potential impact on existing infrastructure.
- Alert Configuration: Configure and fine-tune alerting rules, thresholds, and conditions in Coralogix based on the customer's existing alerts, ensuring an accurate translation of monitoring logic.
- Dashboard Migration: Migrate the customer's dashboards to Coralogix, reimagine visualizations, and ensure data accuracy, consistency, and optimal performance in the new environment.
- Documentation: Create detailed technical documentation and guides for the migration process, including step-by-step procedures, best practices, and troubleshooting guidelines tailored to the customer's environment.
- Training and Support: Provide training sessions and workshops to educate the customer's stakeholders on the usage of Coralogix, including configuring alerts, building dashboards, and leveraging PromQL for advanced querying and analysis.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the customer's cross-functional teams, including DevOps, Engineering, and Operations, to understand their specific monitoring needs, gather requirements, and ensure alignment during the migration process.
- Troubleshooting: Investigate and resolve issues related to alerts, dashboards, and overall monitoring functionality in Coralogix, ensuring the system's reliability and accuracy for the customer.
- Innovational Mindset: We want your innovative skills and mindset to improvise and scale the process of migration through automation whenever possible.
- Professional Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or similar roles, with a focus on monitoring, alerting, and observability solutions.
- Observability Expertise: Good knowledge and hands-on experience with 2 or more Observability platforms, including alert configuration, dashboard creation, and infrastructure monitoring.
- PromQL Proficiency: Good understanding and practical experience with PromQL, Prometheus's query language, for querying metrics and creating custom dashboards. Person would also need to learn Dataprime and Lucene syntax on the job.
- Monitoring Concepts: Solid understanding of monitoring concepts, methodologies, and best practices, including alerting strategies, metric collection, and log analysis.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills to diagnose issues, identify root causes, and propose effective solutions.
- Communication Skills: Strong English verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with the customer's cross-functional teams, deliver training sessions, and create clear technical documentation.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to analyze complex systems, identify inefficiencies or gaps, and propose optimized monitoring solutions.
- Availability: Ability to also work across US and European timezones
- This is a work from office role
We’re seeking candidates who are hungry, humble, and smart. Coralogix fosters a culture of innovation and continuous learning, where team members are encouraged to challenge the status quo and contribute to our shared mission. If you thrive in dynamic environments and are eager to shape the future of observability solutions, we’d love to hear from you.
Coralogix is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply.